The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

quoting crits on blurb << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > Literary Forums > The Book Club Help Search Recent Posts
quoting crits on blurb
Page 1 Start New Topic Reply To Topic
altawamir
 19 Nov 2008, 16:33 #50012 Reply To Post
I'm one of the 5000 (sic), although not for Christmas of course, and as I put the finishing touches on my MS I wonder about citing others' crits on the cover.

What's the policy from YWO? Can I put '"Stunning writing" - John Smith, YouWriteOn', or does that make it sound like John's an employee or otherwise represents YWO? Do I have to put "John Smith, member, YWO"?

Thanks.

A.
missmorston
 20 Nov 2008, 21:17 #50162 Reply To Post
I don't see why you shouldn't, as long as you ask permission from whoever gave the review - I would identify the quote as 'reviewed on YouWriteOn' rather than just 'YouWriteOn' - that way there can't be any confusion. Just a suggestion
Stop the sketch - it's too silly
Pinkfox
 20 Nov 2008, 22:06 #50170 Reply To Post
Hey, Missmorsten, where ya bin? I missed your comments and that cute little doggy. I was only thinking a couple of days ago that I hadn't seen you on here for a while. I've got a new doggy now. A yorkie that I named after my young heroine, Lottie.

Anyhoo, to come back to the topic, I've written the following on my website - Excerpts of reviews of the first few chapters, from members of YouWriteOn.Com.

On the back cover I put - Chuck Buckner - author and member of Arts Council funded YouWriteOn.com. Ted suggestged the Arts Council bit.
This post was last edited by Pinkfox, 20 Nov 2008, 22:11
Keeper of the Enchanted Pool by Lucy Fox, is available now from all major book retailers.

I blog a little, too.

My website
Pinkfox
 20 Nov 2008, 22:15 #50171 Reply To Post
Ooh, and I did get his permission first, thought it only right and proper like.
Keeper of the Enchanted Pool by Lucy Fox, is available now from all major book retailers.

I blog a little, too.

My website
YouWriteOn
 21 Nov 2008, 00:45 #50180 Reply To Post
Quote: altawamir, Wednesday, 19 Nov 2008 16:33
I'm one of the 5000 (sic), although not for Christmas of course, and as I put the finishing touches on my MS I wonder about citing others' crits on the cover.

What's the policy from YWO? Can I put '"Stunning writing" - John Smith, YouWriteOn', or does that make it sound like John's an employee or otherwise represents YWO? Do I have to put "John Smith, member, YWO"?

Thanks.

A.

Hi, it's fine to quote from reviews on site for your book, but you should distinguish as per the comments above that the reviewer is not a staff member.

missmorston
 21 Nov 2008, 00:52 #50183 Reply To Post
Hiya Pinkie :santa1: Hope it's not to early for a seasonal sheep I've been a bit busy lately so not much time for the boards, but I'm popping in for a lurk even if I'm not posting much at the moment. How's it going with you? Seems everyone's been busy becoming published authors round here lately!!!
JR
Stop the sketch - it's too silly
Pinkfox
 21 Nov 2008, 21:45 #50275 Reply To Post
:santa1: No, I guess not. The shops are full of them, have been since easter!

Well, I'm fine, thank you, sort of. I'm am eagerly awaiting my book and hoping I've got it right. One thing the kids will be relieved about, is that they won't have to listen to Paperback Writer at my funeral. I said that had to be played if I didn't get published. No, I'm not in God's waiting room - I hope -just future plans.

Take care, all the best with your writing.

Toodle Pip
Gwenda

I blog a little, too.

My website
Page 1 Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 20 September 2019, 19:19