The free website to help new writers to develop, and to help talented writers get noticed and published Books

Pegasus Elliot Mackenzie Publishers Ltd << Return To Main Site

Welcome to the YouWriteOn Forum

**News Random House & Orion Editors to continue free reviews of YouWriteOn Top Ten Writer  - publishers of many of the world's bestselling authors 

YouWriteOn Authors'  Congratulations to our many authors achieving sales and signings successes through  Waterstones, Amazon and others! 

YouWriteOn Message Board > Literary Forums > NEW - The Hopes, Dreams & Broken Schemes Forum Help Search Recent Posts
Pegasus Elliot Mackenzie Publishers Ltd
Page 1 2 Last : 3 > Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Annie Wicking
 02 Aug 2008, 17:25 #40803 Reply To Post
They have asked to see my completed manuscript, which in itself is wonderful, but on an Amercian Forum they say this publishing company is a POD company.

I have looked on their website and can't see anywhere where they ask for money up front so I thought I'll ask you lot?

The worst thing that can happen to a writer is to become a Writer. Mary McCarthy

The fact is, writing can be done only during the time when one ought to be doing something else. Isabel Paterson

JDSmith
 02 Aug 2008, 18:28 #40808 Reply To Post
Annie, I believe they have various imprints, including POD.
http://www.wordswithjam.co.uk
dannyg
 02 Aug 2008, 18:30 #40809 Reply To Post
I don't know anything about this one, Annie, but it's becoming more common for smaller publishers (like Legend) to offer both traditional and POD services so I wouldn't be automatically suspicious unless they try to get you to pay anything up front.
Scratch on Kindle

I have a blog now. There's nothing on it, but at least it's there.
unclearthur
 09 Aug 2008, 11:50 #41333 Reply To Post
Hi Annie

Just noticed your thread - they've got my manuscript, too.

I trawled the net and couldn't find anything derogatory about them. They're the first publisher who've asked for a full submission so I'm expecting a rejection but hey - someone wants to read my book! And like YWO, all feedback's useful.

Good luck with yours.

Best,
Jonathan

www.cavalrytales.co.uk

'The battle that never ends is the battle of belief against disbelief'
richie_d
 09 Aug 2008, 11:59 #41334 Reply To Post
Please read this thread: -

absolute write thread about pegasus elliot mackenziePegasus Elliot Mackenzie Publishers Ltd

And remember, if they ask for any money-even if it's not up front- it's a vanity publisher.
This post was last edited by richie_d, 09 Aug 2008, 12:01
Annie Wicking
 10 Aug 2008, 08:03 #41416 Reply To Post
Quote: richie_d, Saturday, 9 Aug 2008 11:59
Please read this thread: -

absolute write thread about pegasus elliot mackenziePegasus Elliot Mackenzie Publishers Ltd

And remember, if they ask for any money-even if it's not up front- it's a vanity publisher.

Thank you for your comments. I have just emailed some of their Authors to see if they were asked to pay anything to have their books published. Striaght from the horse mouth so to speak...

I shall let you all know what happen next.

The worst thing that can happen to a writer is to become a Writer. Mary McCarthy

The fact is, writing can be done only during the time when one ought to be doing something else. Isabel Paterson

NickP
 10 Aug 2008, 09:51 #41422 Reply To Post
Annie.

I know it's tempting to continue investigating, but that Absolute Write thread is conclusive. Don't bother with them.
"...the likes of NickP can rant on if they like"
Annie Wicking
 10 Aug 2008, 12:08 #41431 Reply To Post
quote=NickP, Sunday, 10 Aug 2008 09:51]Annie.

I know it's tempting to continue investigating, but that Absolute Write thread is conclusive. Don't bother with them.

Thank you, Nick, but this may lead to an interesting article I could publish.... 'How I uncovered the truth behind'....

Just how does a American Thread know so much about what goes on in the UK publishing company?

How much does this forum know what go on in American publishing world?

Yes, I know about Absolute Write and yes, there are lots of published authors on there. And some people who I'm sure has worked in the publishing industry. Yes, I also know that the forum also ask for money to support them in their work.

I also know that the forum has been going years and is seen as a know it all when it comes to being a new writer, but tell me now why should I take it as RED that I have no need to look into finding out things for myself.

Many years ago I was nearly caught out by 'PublishAmerica' I did some research of my own and found out that they were a company which published your book at a price.

In the course of my research I came across 'Absolute Write', but this was only after I had read an article online, which was in the an American Newspaper about the company.

As with all things I keep an open mind until I have done my own research. If its too good to be true, it normally is too good.
This post was last edited by Annie Wicking, 10 Aug 2008, 12:10

missmorston
 10 Aug 2008, 19:48 #41444 Reply To Post
Annie - several years ago I worked with someone who had been published by Pegasus - their comment was, 'avoid like the plague'. The author ended up without support of any kind, and out of pocket by a large amount, so they told me. Not good.
JR

Stop the sketch - it's too silly
Wendy Wynde
 14 Aug 2008, 12:09 #41883 Reply To Post
Quote: missmorston, Sunday, 10 Aug 2008 19:48
The author ended up without support of any kind, and out of pocket by a large amount...

Money should always flow to the author and not away. If you are having to spend money (apart from on legit self publishing) you are being conned. Simple as that.
This post was last edited by Wendy Wynde, 14 Aug 2008, 12:12
You always get more of what you focus on in life...
Page 1 2 Last : 3 > Add To My Topic Watch List Start New Topic Reply To Topic
Server Time: 18 June 2019, 23:58